Department of Social and Economic History, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria
Early Stage Researcher (PhD Candidate)
The Department of Social and Economic History at JKU seeks to hire an Early Stage Researcher (PhD Candidate) (Universitätsassistent/Universitätsassistentin) for a position compliant with the collective labour agreement of Austrian universities and the Austrian University Law.
The candidate is offered a 30 hours per week position (75 % of a full-time equivalent) for four years from April 1, 2017. The minimum salary for this post is € 2,048.25 per month (gross, 14 times per year).
Successful applicants will have an MA in history, or a field relevant to social and economic history. They will be able to work both independently and in research teams. They will be interested in approaches to integrating regional history and global history. They will have an excellent knowledge of English, and they will be prepared to acquire German language skills quickly. Experience in research projects and funding programs is desirable.
Job duties include
– independent research, and drafting and performing research projects
– PhD research in the doctorate program in Cultural Studies, or Social Sciences and Economics
– teaching responsibilities of 1 hour per week on average
– participation in the administration of the department
Your application should include:
– letter of motivation (max 2 pages)
– curriculum vitae (tabular, max 1 page)
– list of publications and lectures
– copies of diplomas
– MA thesis (PDF or web address)
– project proposal for a PhD in social or economic history (max 5 pages)
For this post, we particularly welcome applications by women. Equally qualified women enjoy preference. Qualified applicants with certified disabilities are considered in particular.
Please submit your application including all documents until March 3, 2017 to http://jku.at/bewerbung (German), or http://jku.at/application (English), or to Johannes Kepler Universität Linz, Personalmanagement, Altenberger Str 69, 4040 Linz, Austria.
Please, do not forget to refer to Application code 3292 (Anzeigennummer 3292).
Department of Social and Economic History
Johannes Kepler University
4040 Linz, Austria
Tel. +43 732 2468 7782
Tel. +43 664 60246 7000